In PA we have a pics (PA instant check system) background check, its ran by the PA state police, the people that answer the phones are civilian workers. When first stated in PA it was a mess. I went to Gander Mountain one day and tried to buy a rifle, I was denied, I was a FFL dealer at the time, they won't tell you why you were denied. So I sent in a reversal letter got it back in 2 weeks, I was cleared. Went to GM to pick up the rifle and was denied again even with my reversal letter. Well ok went to my local congress man, told him what was going on and he said go pick up your rifle. I was told from a buddy that worked at the pics a State Trooper that the workers there can have a bad day and just denied you for no reason. Don't know if this is the case with a NICS check, PA uses there records and NICS to do there back ground checks

The bad thing now i have to carry that reversal letter with me when buying a gun now, if I don't have it to show I will get turned down, even the freaking operator will ask if I have it, so they know I got one, what a freaking joke