Originally Posted by steve4102
[
LOL
My son has his permit to carry, here in MN it doubles as a permit to purchase.

He was at Fleet Farm buying a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag.

He was filling out the forms when the clerk told him that he could not continue without a permit to purchase. A discussion took place about his permit to purchase vs the permit to carry The manger was called and he was dumber than the clerk.

We punched up the information on the State Website on his phone, they both read it and said, nope you are wrong.

They called somebody in corporate and we were told they could not sell without a Permit to Purchase and the Permit to carry does not qualify.

Idiots

In MN, I'd be more inclined to believe they each were anti gun types....

here in Oregon, we see it here...

I've bought a firearm or two up in the Potlandia area, and had to wait several hours for a back ground check to go thru for me...

get out of Metro Potlandia, it is usually approved in minutes... instead of "usually", its more along the lines of every time..

while others wait, I am always surprised to see my approval returned so quickly.... knock on wood...its getting worse out there, not better...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez