Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by gssixgun
Originally Posted by TheKid
Multitudes of elk are killed every year with arrows, round balls, and various other projectiles that carry nowhere near 1500fpe. Bleeding holes through important body parts are what kills stuff, not some magic amount of foot pounds.

Do I seriously need to explain this to you ?? I mean really, if I am going to give classes on Hunting / Terminal Ballistics you are going to need to start paying me

How does a 405gr bullet out of a 45/70 or a .50 caliber muzzleloader kill an elk if launch speed is 1250fps and only producing 1400ftlb? What is the approximate BC of a flat nosed cast bullet designed to safely function through the tube magazine and OAL restrictions of the Marlin 1895? At what distance does it fail to generate 1500ftlb?

If you’re still believing 1960’s hogwash that’s put out by the same brain trust that make caliber restrictions based on outdated bullets and equipment made obsolete decades ago maybe you should be attending class rather than teaching it.

Ahhhhh You can't read ???

I gave you the info above try reading it all, the only thing you need to search is the BC of the Bullet and you can run the numbers and learn something

Look I realize I just upset the Old Dogs on the forum, but don't make the mistake that I don't know more than you Trust me I do
And the more you post the more I am realizing I stepped into Egoville and I am not talking to experienced Hunters and Shooters

Last edited by gssixgun; 02/23/21.

Slaying Orcs