The sheer stupidity shown here by the resident "experts" is astonishing, have not seen a worse case of group think in some time other than with politics

Simple question asked by MANY hunters that have never tried to take down an Elk "What do you consider a minimum caliber to hunt one"

Answer in this thread by "Experienced" Elk hunters "Well son this is what I use but you can use anything that goes POP there really is no formula to determine that because we have this here Physicist told us that none of them there formulas work" Sound and Heat energy bahahahaha that was funny

Some of you are so opposed to a tried and true standard, that you went so far as to say .223's can kill elk, Really ??? I can't believe any of you consider yourselves expert hunters, you should be ashamed of those answers. Not one of you can say if you use that 1500 FP standard combined with today's better bullets you would be undergunned, because that simply isn't true. The other fact is that almost every other caliber mentioned in the thread from a 243 to the 45-70 all can meet that standard at a certain range with the right load..

What really amazes me is that not one of you answered it with the right answer when you throw away logic, I mean when it really comes down to it, the easy answer is

The Biggest F'n gun you can shoot accurately

Pics attached, yes I can use a freaking Baseball bat if I want

Attached Images
Elk 1.jpg (48.14 KB, 170 downloads)
Elk back yard.jpg (43.61 KB, 167 downloads)
Last edited by gssixgun; 02/24/21.

Slaying Orcs