Originally Posted by smokepole
... In other words, who came up with the 1500 ft-lb benchmark, and how did he get there? What information did he evaluate and how did he evaluate it in order to conclude that 1500 is the right number? Why not 1250 ft-lbs, or 2,000, I've seen 2,000 thrown around too?

So, what is the magical 1500 ft-lbs based on ?

Originally Posted by smokepole
Bullshit, you edited the quite and left off the rest. And if you go back and read where I first asked the question, it was strictly "what is it based on."

You're missing the point here Smokepole. You asked a question emphasized above. I answered it. Then you came out and called me names, said you already knew the answer, and told me that I was answering the wrong question among the multiple ones you asked.

I never suggested you didn't ask other questions. I never suggested that I was attempting to answer them. I have no obligation to answer them. And you gave no indication that you already knew the answer to what you asked above until after I answered it. I have no reason to doubt now that you knew the answer, but I haven't insulted you or even disagreed with you. I honestly can't figure out why you are angry with me.