This is a good reminder to go through old family photos now that my dad is gone and my mom is deep into Alzheimer's land. I know my dad kept a ton of pictures and they're all now in a storage unit.

My dad went from being a refugee right before WW2 to being in the US Army as part of the US Army of Occupation in Japan. One uncle, also a refugee, went from being a new American to flying B24s in the China/Burma/India theater and was shot down, to survive in the jungles before being rescued after a few months. His brother flew B25s over Europe, after having just escaped from Germany, and was KIA in a bombing raid. Another uncle was in the Navy during the Korean War and one other was a Marine who was at Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 (he was a good ole boy non-Jew who my aunt married shortly after arriving in the US). Everyone served back then and I sure do need to gather up all the pictures so the next generation will know.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.