No pictures , great grand father , fought on the side of the south , never got any scoop , little fart , but remember him going off at Christmas dinners and thanksgiving dinners . Shouting and cussing and yelling , Kill the SOB!
His daughters would always rush to him avoiding his flailing arms , trying to calm him down .
Had a uncle I am close to serve in Japan in WWII . I have some swords he bought home . Another uncle in Viet Nam with Army Engineer corps , I think he did two , maybe three tours over there . Got shot in an ambush building a road first time , came home and regrouped , I was there when he broke the news to my aunt he was going back , holy shiit !
One pissed off woman , she always was the fireball on moms side . Her and mom used to get into it hot and heavy over me . I would stay with my aunt sometimes while my uncle was gone , rules were a bit more relaxed .
He went back , first time he got hit in the wrist and ribs , second time he took one in the throat , lived , but as you know all hits made a sizeable crater .
His family is solid as a rock , strong people . His oldest daughter , has my utmost respect , speacial lady .
My older uncle , now in his upper nineties , worked the shiit out of me as a kid and taught me to hunt with a handgun .
Taught me to reload , handgun was my first adventure into that field .
Got a video of him shooting a S&W 500 across the hood of my truck about five yrs ago , all smiles .
Kenneth