No pics either, not until I get off my ass and scan some in. Dad was a replacement for the 116th/29th, right after June 6, he got stuck with the bazooka at one period, and a 50# pack radio another period. Uncle JR was Army in the Pacific, he had it bad, never talked much about it. I have but two remembrances of his time there, the trigger group and magazine from his carbine, bent to hell from a 7.7 right at the part surrounding the magazine, still has 4-5 rounds in it. He was in a jeep on the island of Truk with that across his chest. Good move, JR! And a Nambu in it's synthetic leather holster, that he took from a prefecture police officer IN NAGASAKI, like only several days after they landed in Japan. He was not supposed to be there but... but he did end up with Leukemia in his later years.

My father in law was a driver for the prime mover on one of the 280mm atomic cannons deployed to West Germany, I have a whole bunch of old, curled black and whites of them barging his over the Rhine and shlepping it around post war West Germany (tight corners!)