Looking back on all dozen or so motorcycles that I've had, I would tell you to not go overly large. For one thing PA. isn't great year around for bike riding and get a big one out on the highway even at 70 degrees and you'll learn all about windchill. A single cylinder will be better on the trail, but will vibrate more than a twin. At one time I thought that a Triumph 650 TR6C with a high pipe made it into a dirt bike. Not so. Way too heavy and powerful for any kind of trail. Then I thought I'd like road riding and got a Harley. Nope, deer jumping out in front of me, people not seeing me and pulling out in front of me, couldn't carry anything, sand blasted when a car or truck kicked up sand, bugs, cold, rain. In town and around the suburbs with a little twin like my first Honda CB160 was the most enjoyable. Right now it is a Honda CT110 that I keep at the cottage for trails and limited street use. Perfect.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory