Originally Posted by deflave

Kinda depends on where you live IMO. If everything is a long haul then I'd probably get a VStrom and go.

If you live in the city or suburbs I'd get a SuperMoto type bike and not look back. They're not intended for long hauls but they are a schit ton of fun for riding every day throughout your season.

I live where there is some great country riding through the mountains, along the rivers with some moderate up and downhill sections. It is a pretty popular riding area for that reason. One of the reasons I am considering something of the adventure bike design is so I can throw a 2man tent and some light camping supplies on the rack and take off a few hours in any direction camp for the night. Although, for the amount of gear I would plan on bringing, I think I could also fit in a large backpack if I were to go to superMoto route.

In the superMoto world I have far less options on my radar compared to my Adventure bike list, some of which are the Ducati Hypermotard, Ducati Hyperstrada and the Aprilia Dursoduro. My reasoning behind those choices are a bit larger motor than some other manufacturers so when I do jump on the highway I have enough power to safely maneuver around when overtaking vehicles. And, quite simply, I think they are really good looking machines

Last edited by scottprice; 02/26/21.