Originally Posted by scottprice
I should note that I’ve been riding dirt bikes for most of my life. I should have said this will be my first street legal bike

I went through the same process about 10 years ago and ended up with a Suzuki DR650. I like the feel and simplicity of a thumper. Several times a year I would try out a used bike, including most of those you mentioned, but kept saying that my DR was the most fun of them all.
The V-Strom 650 was too heavy and smooth (just didn't feel like it had any spirit - perfectly smooth engine, but boring). The Versys was too buzzy. The Triumph Tiger felt like driving a tractor - too heavy and cumbersome for any scootin' around fun.
I sold my DR a couple of years ago when I found myself being more and more careless and doing stupid things that I knew would have eventually put me in the hospital or the morgue.
Do yourself a favor and try a DR650. You can pick up a 2-5 yrs old one for half the price of used ones of most of those others you listed. Try it for a while and test-ride some of those others while owning it and see if you find anything else you like.