Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you own a house that's been appraised at $200,000. For whatever the reason, property in your neighborhood suddenly becomes a hot commodity, and property values go up almost double. Someone comes along and offers you the appraised value of your home............are you going to sell it at the $200,000 figure, or are you going to ask for the current going rate of double that?

That's what's happening in the guns and ammo department, and people need to understand that it's a market driven time period we're living in, and prices are what they are. Personally, I've sold a few guns that I decided I'd be better off selling than keeping, and have made more off the sales than I thought I would. But, right now, demand is the factor that's driving the market and dictating selling prices. You have two choices...........either pay what someone is asking, or don't.

As is usually the case, I believe the market will correct itself, and at some point in the future prices will get back more in line as they should be. But, until then, we're in a sellers market, and you'd best get used to it.

Last edited by JamesJr; 02/28/21.