Originally Posted by Tahnka
Originally Posted by mathman
I routinely set garden variety FL dies to produce two or three thousandths shoulder setback. While this doesn't size the case as much as the die may be capable of doing, it does size the entirety of the case and so is full length sizing. It's just not full length sizing more than necessary.

It appears you've wound yourself up into a state of righteous indignation or the like over terminology.

Originally Posted by Petro
I don't think it's that FL sizing is more accurate than Neck sizing, but rather that FL sizing isn't less accurate than Neck sizing and is generally more reliable for their type of shooting.

Some of these champions were also bench rest shooters. Still advocating "full length resizing". As I suspected, they are probably NOT advocating it as the term is commonly understood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqg4sJvg24

Are you sure they were not advocating for the "other" guy to full length size? I have a 243 that is super accurate when I neck size it. It shoots very well with full length sized brass barely bumping the shoulder back. If the rifle has a large chamber brass will last longer and it will probably shoot better with neck sized brass.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]