Originally Posted by OldTimeHunter
Well far be it from me to disagree with guys with 24 and 35 thousand posts.

When I'm HUNTING I'm not picking up brass so there is no "after".

There are many people who have even figured out that it is difficult, for HUNTING, to load better ammo than premium factory made.

Buy a super accurate 6.5 CM and try and do better than Hornady ELD PH ammo. My Tikka puts 3 in a dime.

I wonder, are you saying that reloads are not to the level of quality of Nosler factory ammo or similar? Well I have shot some pretty good factory ammo. For most hunting the cheapo stuff from Winchester or Federal will get the job done. That said in the last 45 years which is some 4 years after I started reloading I have used reloads for 98% of all my hunting. I can absolutely say that good factory brass that has been fired 4 times or so and loaded properly is every bit as good as any factory load brass. It fits my chamber perfectly, I have shot groups with those cases and know none of them has any issues. I have had issues with factory ammo. Remington misfires, poorly made brass. Federal with brass so soft it looked like a proof load was fired in it. Winchester oddly has always been pretty good to me. Mostly I shoot factory ammo up for the brass. Sometime I would just pull the bullet and save the powder only to load the factory brass with something I wanted to shoot out of it. I have had problems with Hornady ammo not being accurate in my 257. I consider Hornady brass at the lower end of acceptable. As for accuracy I will accept at the most MOA in my hunting ammo for big game. Better does not always just mean accuracy. When I started loading ammo there were no factory rounds topped with partitions out there. Factory ammo in general was good if it shot into 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Sure if I only shot 40 rounds a year I would probably shoot factory ammo but the reality is I burn at least 1200 on a slow year.

Last edited by rickt300; 03/04/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]