Originally Posted by gunner500
BTW, that happens to be the second damn accurate rifle you've sold me Buddy, What's Up with that? wink

I sell good accurate rifles... I won't sell a rifle that doesn't shoot well. I've sold 79s here a few rifles as well.. Your old rifle looks beautiful man !! Yeah, a buddy of mine thought that was real ivory as well. He said the same thing as you did, about rich cattle ranchers. It was a good identifier, like a brand... I'm sure that old girl rode around a few miles in a saddle scabbard too... Hey speaking of accurate old rifles. I shot a buddies 1990's Marlin 336 38-55 with long octagon barrel. That rifle was damn accurate. He handloads cast bullets with New correct length and neck thickness Starline brass with correct diameter bullets for the rifle and that thing is a damn tack driver. He has 3 38-55's, but this one is the best shooting one of the lot. He said he wanted me to shoot it to see what it was capable of. You know I have to shoot right handed with irons, the reason I sold you the model 71. When I shot that rifle, he was spotting for me and the first 2 shots were touching. He said they went into the same hole, but I didn't believe him. He said "6 o'clock 1" low, but in the same hole". So I held the same spot on the bullseye and fired again. The third one made a 3/4" group (at 100 yards). That's the only lever rifle that I know of that is more accurate than the 71 I sold to you... My buddy has a scoped 71 that he can shoot 1" 3 shot groups with, but a scope on one of those is like cheating.. grin.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA