Sir Ron, many Thanks for posting the pics Sir, and yes, the rifle still has it's front sight and hood, but, the hood didn't get re-blued, my dumb butt forgot to take it to 'Smith, that's okay, i'll still have a piece of originality left ; ] he put new springs, firing pin and anything else that had heavy wear, as said, that things ready for another hundred years now.

Thanks buddy BSA, and yes you sure do sell accurate rifles, that pre-64 375 H&H thinks it's a varmint rifle, sounds like your other buddy has the 38-55's figured out, me too, i shoot a 380" 265gr Beartooth hard cast in my 94 lever 38-55, it's a hole puncher too, hard to see the group i fired on the box yesterday, i took the rock out of the box and threw it back in the creek, damn wind blew the box as i was taking the pic, it was about to rain, i had to haul ass back to the house, cant be getting your brand new old rifle wet! grin

8point, Thank you too Sir, iirc the old Barnes' are about pure copper and lead, leaving at an easy 2188 should let the old bullet work as it's penetrating, that said, and money paid, traveling for a hunt, i'd have to load it with the 250gr Bonded Kodiaks i have, or use the big Woodleigh's or A-Frames, still wish Swift would make a 250 grain A-Frame, another fine hammer to add to the 348 Winchester tool box.

Trump Won!