The dead guy is criminal scum. Not convicted yet but probably was guilty.
But the female cop screwed up big time and she is guilty of a felony.
That is my opinion.

Meanwhile, she is now in a Living Hell. One week ago she was making $85 K a year as an officer. Probably looking forward to retirement in 3 years at full salary. Had a nice house there in Minnesota. She was all set up for a good life.
Today, the cops have had to put up New Jersey walls around her house, because the media released her name and address 2 days ago. Several police cars are stationed at her house. Nice of the media to release her name, when we still don't know the name of the Capitol shooter.

She is at an undisclosed location, probably with armed police bodyguards, because BLM types would surely kill her if they found out where she was. She is going to have to go into hiding, more or less go into a Witness Protection Service so she can hide out and not be killed. This is insane.

I think she will be found guilty and will serve jail time which, in my opinion, she deserves.

I don't know how these police pensions work but she might be deprived of her fat union police pension, "retiring" at 27 years service. The union will pay her massive legal fees, but she is still subject to massive civil suit, which she will certainly be served with, and will probably lose. Bye bye to that nice house, if BLM hasn't already burned it down.

This female officer is now in a Living Hell. She is a victim of an insane Liberal media plus her own mistake.