No, what I am saying is the cop spent her time pursing her pleasures when she should have been learning to use the tools of her trade.

No thinking person could consider that grabbing a handgun from the wrong side of the body and holding it in the hand and aligning the sights while still thinking she was holding a TASER was the action of a rational twentyfive year veteran officer with a career involving the training of junior officers.

The officer was obviously NOT rational. She was obviously in full panic mode. After twenty five years on the force, she had the DUTY to recognize her lack of rationality and the duty to resign, or ask for desk duty. Instead, she spent her career hoping she never really had to face a dire threat instead of preparing herself to face it.

She placed the size of her paycheck as greater importance than the safety of the public she was sworn to defend. Just as the aforementioned babysitter placed her pleasures before the safety of her charges.

Yes, if I were on the jury, I would do everything in my power to convict her.

As I wrote before, had she made a conscious decision to shoot the perp in order to protect the public from the danger he would pose fleeing on the highway, I would fully support that choice.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.