Originally Posted by 338Rules
I was disappointed to find that 2 more gun shops in Lloyd had Closed up when I last passed through this winter.

No Internet presence didn’t help with either one.

I’m thinking low res security cameras aren’t going to be sufficient for a retailer handling restricted goods,
Just Sayin.

Enjoy your drive 😀

The fact that there were other gun shops (apart from Canadian Tire) in Lloydminster surprised me. They had not turned up in any Internet searches at all.

But, I did a different search and found 2 still hanging on, and one that went out of business in 2018. (Magnum Guns)

Wildside Outdoors and Shep's Sport Center are the other two. Both are very small.
I will have to check them out.

Considering that Lloydminster is an isolated rural municipality with a population of only 30,000 people, it is more of a town than a city.

How more than one or two gun shops could stay in business in a town that size is beyond me. But, it probably has to do with the popularity of hunting in that area.

However, with Covid19 and people losing their jobs because of it, it could only hurt tiny shops like this and make it even harder for them to survive.

Camrose, with a population less than 19,000 people had only one gun shop a few years ago and it didn't last long, even before Covid19. Whenever I visited it, I was the only one there.
-----
As for security cameras in a gun shop, I have no problems with that. Security cameras are everywhere in businesses today.

However, I have yet to find a single business anywhere that demands that you remove your medical mask and submit to mug shots at 3 feet away as a condition of shopping there.

Considering that no other gun shop anywhere asks customers to do this, it obviously is not a legal requirement for selling restricted firearms.

It is only when you BUY firearms, ammunition, primers or powder that a gun shop needs to look at your PAL, and to then see your full face to match it to the picture.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT