Originally Posted by 338Rules
I think their mind set is more directed at the Restricted / Prohibited class of purchaser.

Donโ€™t they have curb-side pickup & phone ahead ordering for those consumables ? ๐Ÿ˜

To review:

1) The mug shot requirement applies to ALL PERSONS when they enter the store.
2) You must stand facing a wall-mounted camera at eye-level which is 3 feet away.
3) You must lower your medical mask and allow your full face to be clearly recorded.
4) You may then fully raise your medical mask, which is mandated by Edmonton and Provincial requirements, under penalty of law for non-compliance.
5) Only then will you be allowed to proceed into the store and shop for ANYTHING.

After entering the store, Restricted and Prohibited class firearms purchasers are treated the same at P&D as in any gun shop. However, as I said, the "mug shot at entry" applies to every person who enters the store, not just them.

And, since I am sure that you have already looked at the P&D home page, you are perfectly aware that they do offer, mail order and phone-ahead curbside pickup.

But so does every other gun shop.

The problem is that while P&D does list firearms and ammunition on-line, it does not illustrate the rest of their inventory on-line, and does not have a shopping cart on-line system for ordering. That means that visiting the store in person is the only way to shop and compare and decide if what they have is what you actually want.

And, P&D is a bricks and mortar local store. That has always been it's greatest strength.
So, a policy that frustrates and offends customers entering their store seems a bad business move.

And since gun shops like Prophet River DO comprehensively illustrate just about everything on-line, and tell you the exact amount that they have in stock, and do offer on-line shopping, they are much easier to order from and get exactly what you need.

And I am not aware of any other gun shop that has the mug shot policy.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/01/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT