Originally Posted by 338Rules
I haven’t shopped much at P&D in the last 20 years, before that I think it was called Klondike ?
There were other shops on that street that faded away ...

Seems to me, iirc Phil was seriously injured in a restricted/ prohibited robbery gone bad.
Not that there haven’t been other incidents of that nature which led to enhanced security measures.
WholeSale Spurts comes to mind at their various locations were tested by robberies.

I’m starting to see why the Liberal C21 divide and conquer strategy is working.
We are our own worst enemies.

Cheers

The P&D location was indeed occupied by Klondike Arms, which had itself changed ownership.
The Custom Gun Shop was located next door to it, which created a not too friendly rivalry.
Klondike had been there since the mid-80s. Previously, the original owner was located in downtown Edmonton since around 1970 and was called Klondike Arms & Antiques, because it also sold antiques as well as a lot of new and military surplus guns.
I bought guns from all of them since age 18. Almost 50 years now.

There was also a gun shop/gunsmith business just a short distance north operated by two brothers who also made custom rifles. And, on the opposite side, on the same block, was another gun shop which had two different businesses, one after the other. Gun Row, as it was called, dwindled to just Klondike and then P&D. I bought many guns from all of them over the last 50 years.

The truth be told, practically every gun shop in Edmonton suffered break-ins over the years, regardless of the location. Security measures didn't seem to be much of a deterrent.
They always found a weak spot to exploit. Smash and grab, get in and get out fast, was always the M.O.

The enhanced security procedures, mandated by insurance companies, evolved from burglar alarms, to motion detectors, and then to high-def cameras.

Frankly, P&D is a great gun shop, but I still say that their mug shot policy sucks.
I mean, really, what next? Fingerprinting?

The mug shots on entry aren't necessary just to buy basic gun-accessory items not requiring a PAL. I mean, do you really need to do this just to buy a bottle of Hoppe's #9?

No other gun shop is doing it and it certainly is NOT required by law.

Last edited by saddlegun; 04/30/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT