Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by TWR
I'm assuming you're shooting 3 shot groups and here's the thing, unless you're getting a one hole group at 50 yards, you don't know if you're dead on.

Look at the groups above, those look great until you consider all 3, 3 shot groups are in different spots. Overlap them and they're over an inch. (no offense Ted) That's why 10 shot groups are better at telling what's going on. Trying to call zero off a 50 yard group is useless past that range.

Zero at 200 then shoot at other distances and see where you hit, right the results down.

Or zero at 100 yards and do the same because unless you're only concerned with getting hits somewhere on a full sized silhouette, you need to forget the 25, 50 or even the 36 yard zero. You need to know exactly where your gun hits at the distances you want to shoot in the conditions you are in.

No offense taken, you are spot on.

I was zeroing the gun for that ammo (new optic on the rifle) and making windage and elevation adjustments as I was going. smile

No offense, but did you ever get it zeroed? I didn't see anything on your target that represented a good zero. Unless you like hitting off to the side?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA