Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by ChrisF
There’s much about shooting groups on this board but I got an amazing lesson in knowing your rifle/ammo capabilities and keeping things centered up.

It usually takes about three matches for me to be comfortable with my zeros when changing scopes/uppers. I shot at Oak Ridge this past weekend.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

That is both strings and sighters at 300, 22 shots total. This was my second match with a new upper. It was a good confirmation that my zero was 1/2 minute or so off. (I felt my NPA was slightly right of center). I shot a 195 with 5.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Sunday we shot a Leg match, made the 1/2 minute change, NPA was a little better. 99-2X (I stuck a 9 way out on shot number 8, knew it when I let it go)

Keeping things centered up is important, and difficult.

This is the 300 yard target. The course of fire to start standing, load a magazine with 2 rounds on a closed bolt, targets up, 70 seconds to get in prone position with a sling, no rest, shoot two rounds, change magazines, shoot eight rounds. The ten ring is 7" diameter, so it is a little over 2 minute angle at 300 yards. Tough target with a sling, 4.5 power scope, 4.5 pound trigger, getting in position, mag changes, wind changes, NPA, etc. and in the EIC (Leg) matches you get no sighters.

I won the Leg Match, got a hard leg, only need four to go out.

What? You mean you don’t shoot that off a bench with a rifle rest and sandbags?? Don’t go confusing bsa with CMP rapid fire rules..

Edit- we had our first mid range match last week, and you could see the rust from the winter in alot of the scores. I didn’t shoot because I had to work.

Last edited by 79S; 05/03/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.