I won't even shoot FMJ in 200 yard Standing Highpower. 2 MOA ammo uses up almost the entire 10 ring, before you even take into account holding error.

I’m pretty sure no one uses 55gr fmj at the 200yd line..

I have a story about this...
A while back, I had been hearing about a hard holding WM (Woman Marine) who was shooting summer team and had just won the woman's Service Rifle Championship at Perry the month prior. I naturally thought they were referring to Watson...but I was corrected that it was not Red.

I was to meet GySgt Tamara Fode at the next match. The Marines were shooting M14's for Post and Station Teams, so she brought her personal AR and some store bought ammo. During the course of getting to know her, she showed me her ammo; 55's and 69's. You have to understand that military team shooters just shoot what they're handed. So..shooting without military support was uncharted territory for her.

She asked me if she thought they'd do OK at 600? I told her they weren't ideal, but if she watched her wind calls and was aggressive on the knob, she could do OK. Internally I was thinking "train wreck" and was tempted to give her some of my ammo, but I didn't bring extra that day.

Coming off the 600 yard line, we compared scores...She shot a very respectable aggregate and 'effen cleaned my clock at 600 yards!! I want to say she shot a 194 and beat my 192 in a tough wind...Later I found that she had just fired a 491 in the NTI beating out Watson for the Women's Trophy that year.

Couple yrs back we had a Nasty guard (national guard)show up To a match shooting high power with sling no optics. He pulls out for ammo 62gr green tip he procured from the Arms room. He was the head guy for the guard team, anyhow he shot that stuff at the 600yd line. He ran out of elevation had to adjust front post to get more elevation lol. But he made it work, didn’t shoot a very good score like 130 something like that. Later I told him go buy some of that mag tech ammo loaded with 77 Sierra’s otm. He was like nope I want the guard to buy the black hills mk262 ammo.. I was like uh ok,, well he finally broke down went and bought some of that ammo and holy chit it did make a difference..

Isn't Fleisshacker up your way?...was he not able to get your Guardsman squared away for ammo?

Last edited by ChrisF; 05/03/21.