I like the inserts, but the Zee rings are a major PITA to move around on a rail because they take a “set” once tightened. I’ve used a flat-blade screwdriver to pry them open a bit to re-mount. The Signature XTRs are much better, but expensive, heavy, and if it matters- Chinese. I think the combination of the elevated rail and a scope with lots of clicks on tap will get you anywhere you need to go with a .22. That rail is nice, but the level is useless where it’s at. The DIP rail was unavailable when I looked so spent the extra for the Area 419, which is very well made. I used high Talley CZ rings with a 4-12 AO Bushnell on my 455, and liked them. Replaced them with lows when I mounted a 2-7.

I think the E1 is a good scope, but the knobs are capped and the clicks not as positive as the SS. Not sure about the actual tracking. I repurposed it to a nice .223 where it’s a good fit. I found it a bit dim at 14x under cloudy skies. I’m limited to 300 yards, so 10x is plenty. Picked up a tactical-type soft case for the combo to keep from banging it up in a narrow case. Tracking of the SS is pretty much a certainty. Might have to cobble up a zero stop.

I have three 5-shot mags to share between the 457 and the 455. Also bought a couple 3-D printed single-shot adapters, but they cause ejection problems in the MTR. Work okay in the 455. I have plenty of good ammo, just need to bag a turkey or two before I get back to rifles.

What fresh Hell is this?