Originally Posted by Bob_B257
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I had the E1 version of that scope on mine at first, but wanted to be able to dial, so I got a Black Friday SWFA 10x for it. Came with free SWFA rings too, which were pretty nice, so I used them, on an Area 419 rail.

Very nice rifles. If I didn’t have a good-shooting 455 SS in walnut, I’d get a 457 American as my “sporter”.

I have SK Rifle Match, SK FP, and some Eley Club to try, but need to get my bench technique polished up a bit.

Pappy,
Curious how you like the Rail? I am going to look into the Burris Rings. The design that they came up with that allows the installer to adjust for the gun using the inserts looks tempting. Also curious on how much you find the SWFA easier to dial than the E1. If I get to the range today I am looking forward to shooting a bit longer and also doing a test of the tracking adjustments in this E! now that I got it centered up yesterday.
After this shortage lets up I hope to run some paper drills along the lines of the MOA all Day challenge, but right now its 3 and out with the 22's and centerfires. Good thing is it makes the unubtanium CZ 10 round magazines unnecessary till we get past the shortage.

I'd take up golf for a while if I were limited to only shooting 3 rounds per group with a 22lr. Just sayin. Especially one that supposedly shoots well. I've been wanting to buy a very accurate 22lr bolt gun for a while, so I can scope it. I have a couple bolt guns that I use for iron sight events and I can scope them, but that takes most of the fun out of them. Those new CZ's are damn nice looking. Sorry you have to limit yourself to 3 shots per group. I'll be thinking of you poor joes when I'm shooting mine:
New 10-22 with Kidd barrel. Got it 2 weeks ago and it has 530 rounds on it now: Shot this 10 shot group last weekend in one of our rimfire matches:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shot this with one of my iron sight rifles:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Pretty sloppy shooting for the old Winchester model 52, but it was raining on us. I don't think any of us were shooting great that day. Good thing our benches are under cover.

I look forward to seeing how your rifle shoots the MOA all day long challenge. I know the CZ's are accurate. Good luck!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA