BSA its going to be a long road to getting this driver up to the MOA all day challenge. But Im pretty sure the 457 can get there.
This weekend I was able to get some range time in and start to build the card for the scope and using the MOA reticle.
With a 50 yard zero the 1240 fps (Box listed, not chronographed) Fed 550 pack ammo was down 3.5 MOA at 100 yds. 3 shots were 1.5" apart.
Out at 200 yards the hold required was about 18.5 MOA and the group of three opened to just under 4".
At 300 yards three shots opened to 10 inches and the hold over was about 38 MOA.

There was a bit more wind than I expected to shoot in but had a good time working out the drop estimates.
Group size was on my part, not likely the ammo or 457. dispersion was both vertical and horizontal so I expect to tighten them up with some practice and help from the better shooters at the club.

The Scope worked very well again. Was able to see 22 cal holes in white paper target at 200 yards. The Dial back to zero at 50 was spot on after cranking in quite a bit of elevation to reach 200. 300 required using hold over. Need to run the turret all the way out to see what is left for elevation using this set of rings. Now with some numbers, a 20 or 30 MOA rail and or Burris rings are likely in order. This range has a 400yd 4 foot steel buffalo. That is next weeks project. Along with getting up to speed on cleaning a 22LR barrel with a match chamber.

Really enjoyed using up 22lr instead of centerfire primers. A Bolt 22 is a very entertaining way to spend time on the range..

Last edited by Bob_B257; 05/17/21. Reason: spelling

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......