Originally Posted by Pappy348
I like open squares with heavy borders for shooting groups as the reference point doesn’t get eaten up with holes. I make some, have some I copy that my late brother made 20 years ago, and also use benchrest targets. I guess diamonds work too, but I can quarter the squares better. I have them in a bunch of sizes, up to about 6 inches. My brother put faint lines to mark elevation on his. A laser printer and scanner and heavy paper make them pretty cheaply. Ink jets cost too much.

Another trick is to sight in off the aiming point so the bullets land in the clear.

Whatever works for you. I don't care much for what I'm aiming at (not too particular). Except I notice sometimes my poi is off when shooting at your typical bulls eyes with the rings. My eyes suck, but make due...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
From my last rimfire shoot.

I'm heading out to the shop right now to get one of my 22lr's scoped up for a know your limits shoot coming up next month. Those 1/4" targets are a biotch!!! The rifle I'm going to use is a single shot savage mk1 FVT. Its a shooter with irons:
I'm probably not going to waste my time with the moa all day long challenge with that rifle. Pointless. Generally I just shoot that event with new rifles, to make sure they shoot well enough. MOA is great. Consistent sub moa is even better...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA