Originally Posted by pete53
QUESTION ?so your hunting with your lever 30-30 for deer and you happen to see a very nice buck but this buck is 250 - 300 yards away and there is no way to get any closer to this buck . will you pass or shoot ? most hunters will take a shot or two and most of the time with a 30-30 the buck will be missed or is wounded and probably lost. but for a HUNTER or myself with a bi-pod which i use all the time i take the one shot with my magnum or even a 30-06 or a 257 Roberts and kill the buck . so truthfully why would most hunters buy and use a 30-30 just to claim your the great white hunter ? We should all want a good clean kill with one shot ? i have a new lever in a Browning BLR 6.5 Creedmoor that` s even a much better cartridge than any 30-30 lever,plus this BLR has a clip/magazine for cartridges so the end of the bullets don`t get bent up either like a tube fed lever rifle .SO THINK ABOUT THIS ?

A 30-30 is most definitely ballistically capable of taking a deer at 200 to 300 yards

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first