Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Willto
I've killed enough deer with enough different cartridges to know this much is fact. If you have trouble killing deer at woods ranges with a .30-30, it ain't the cartridges fault.

I can kill a deer with a 22. But is it the best tool for the job? Nope. Neither is the 30-30. It's a pretty anemic, unremarkable round that was surpassed long ago by calibers that don't kick any worse and kill much better. People used to drive Model T cars and they were quite the cats meow back in their day. But thankfully there are better options now.

My advice to anyone trying a 30-30 in the thick briar country here in Alabama is bring a good flashlight, some good briar britches and a machete. LOL!
LMAO. Anybody who can't kill deer very thoroughly dead quickly and dependably with a .30-30 either needs shooting lessons or deer anatomy lessons, one or the other. The .30-30 works about as well as anything at shorter woods ranges. Oh and BTW, I have killed numerous deer with .22LR and .22 mag. and trust me a .30-30 allows a much broader range of bullet placement options/angles on deer than either.

A 30/30 blows large wound channels through deer and kills them grave yard dead

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first