So last night around midnight my daughter in law woke me up pounding on the door, she was yelling fire.... I and my Wife get up and look out the window...yup fire....get out to my truck and my Son who lives next door is ready to go.

As I mention in a couple posts up I have 400 gallons of water and hoses and pump on one of my trucks.
We are the first ones there, and one neighbor....its a house fire that is too late to try anything so we go for the spot fires that are going on, my guy puts out 2 spot fires about 10ft around, and by this time another neighbor shows up and puts out a spot fire with his loader.
All 3 of these spot fires were going to become raging interface forest fires...there is no fire protection here but the fire dept from 1/2hr away did show up to this one and contained the structure fire. It was really windy too, fugging scary...there were propane tanks venting and going off too....we have had a number of fires here and the rural community always shows up.

Being prepared for something like a forest fire is an odd feeling of satisfaction lol. The structure is a total loss, nobody hurt, no forest fire.