I think its clear we need to overhaul the entire way in which we deal with wildfire in BC, from the top down, entirely.
For example, the way in which people are notified of alerts and evacuations is complicated and full of gaping holes, it is completely ineffective.

Bringing in people from other Countries to fight fires seems.....stupid. We have the people here, and completely overlooked the value of our own citizenry, what is wrong with these political masters?.......the political masters is the problem.....they need to separate the political from the practical aspect of forest management.

People see through the scoring political points vrs effective forest management, at least the rural community does, I don't expect City dwellers to understand nor GAF, another reason to make it a separate entity.

I do wonder the kind of society we are creating by not allowing citizens to help their fellow man in a time of crisis, this needs to be looked at before someone gets hurt or worse as people are told to not help others. I have seen people drive through roadblocks with RCMP foolishly hanging off cars trying to stop people from getting to their loved ones.

I could point out some other issue's but they would not be PC....also another massive problem that will explode one day, people are afraid to speak out and be labeled in some of the smaller Communities, but its coming.