673;
Good morning sir, I hope you're well.

I was going to just text you, but thought perhaps others might be interested in whatever changes we're seeing.

So far it's still fine here for us regarding the Thomas Creek Fire. We've heard it's gone up over the main logging road about 15km up from here and has passed Allendale Lake which had the cabins evacuated. We've heard rumors of where it's gone up in the spots we like to hunt, but as there's a ban on going up into that area, I've obviously adhered to it and don't have first hand updates on that.

Plenty of time to check that out this fall - well I hope there will be......

The Nk'Mip Fire is really ripping but I can see that as it's rough country and dry at the best of times so it'd be tough to fight. Yesterday 100 firefighters from Mexico arrived to help out and I want to say some Canadian Forces out of Edmonton as well.

All of them are much appreciated of course.

We still hear reports of boaters who won't get out of the way of the skimmer planes, which is beyond annoying. Perhaps they should run up a skull and crossbones on the RCMP zodiac and start scuttling ski boats? You'd think folks would "get it" but they seemingly do not.

Not much else new down here as far as we're concerned though sir.

I've tested and re-tested the roof top units, have cleaned the gutters and will look at them again. As much firewood as possible was moved 30' from the buildings and some other firewood in covered areas got metal roofing tacked onto the front so it might be a bit more fire resistant?

You're right with the statement about lost timber revenue for sure, it's too much to count - especially at $8 for a stud, you know?

Well, off I go to do some more painting and then work on the garden fence a bit before it gets too hot.

Turns out the "deer proof" fencing I put up isn't "fawn proof" or even "fawn resistant". I've posted this above, but here's the little bean eater hard at task yesterday afternoon!

[Linked Image]

We can see that it's sibling directly behind it knows the rules and stays out or at least just sticks it's head through the fence to nibble, but I suppose the temptation of that much greenery was just too much for it to bear! laugh

Take care out there my friend and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"