673:
Good morning to you my friend, I hope you're all well as can be what with all the goings on going on, you know?

We're good so far, but for the first time in our 28 years on the place am now going to look at building a sprinkler system for the roof of the house and one for the garage as well.

Was talking to a firefighter friend and he said it was cheap insurance, not 100% of course as if the power goes out there's no water pressure, but he's seen them work reasonably well protecting houses situated like ours is.

We'll now have to see if any components are available whatsoever anymore as there's not much of - well much - around anymore somehow.

It's going to be a really, really big fire before it's done is my prediction. It's going into a patchwork of clear cuts and Lodge Pole shin tangle jungles up there and might go half way to Highway 33 before it runs itself out.

So far the Good Lord has blessed us with no winds from the east blowing west and honestly that's what's saved all of the buildings and structures on the first and perhaps second day too. They're working the bottom end with some heavy equipment now, but a stiff east wind would drop embers all over in folks' yards.

Some of the people don't clean the Ponderosa Pine needles off of their roofs so that'd be sporty real quick.

That's all for now sir, stay well and keep cool if you're able to.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"