Very little info coming from the media but....some folks out Douglas lk, Westwold are having a real hard time with that one, I can only imagine with the winds, terrain, bug killed timber, resources spread thin. I have info that every piece of equipment from the local is out there, access is just not there, steep and rocky.

Mabel lk too has some real tough conditions too. One day, there is going to be a fire that rips up the middle of this Province and there will be FA they can do but run.

Twice during my logging career I have seen people protesting us logging dead and diseased timber, protesting even with death threats and booby traps LOL. Both times the next year massive forest fires started where we were logging, burning 300 homes, and in the other about 30 homes were lost. It shows where the logic is and a perfect example of the tail wagging the dog.

After the massive fires we have had previously, then the studies and recommendations...basically FA has been done to build permanent guards on the edge of towns and vulnerable community's. One big wind could push any of these fires into a running for your life scenario.