Stuart;
Good morning sir, I hope the skies are clearer in Mission than they are here and that you're all doing as well as can be what with all the goings on.

Thanks for the post, I appreciate the thoughts and explaining what you've done.

As it turns out I put up sprinklers on both our house and garage, but as we're on a community well and are at the end of the line, I only have the flow to run a pair of sprinklers on each.

I'd hoped to do 4 on the house - we have a single slope roof - but testing showed it wouldn't even run 3 effectively with the flow I've got.

While I need to test it to be sure, it does vary depending upon who is irrigating what closer to the pump house, but we've got 95psi and a bit less than 5gpm which isn't stellar.

I didn't go with impulse sprayers, though it can be switched out for sure - the rationale being the circular pattern ones create a constant dome of moisture.

However in practice I'll need to alternate between buildings should the need arise - which isn't optimum for sure, but better than nothing.

Your cistern and pump setup sounds great.

I've been toying with getting some IBC totes and plumbing them together for a water storage setup, but our yard is a bit spread out so I'm not sure I can have a system laid out to be useful for the house and garage and horse shelter.

Anyways, I've cleaned up a bunch of the firewood from around the garage now - it's out in the middle of what used to be our horse pen so fire shouldn't get to it as easily and if it did it's the 10 meters from any buildings.

Over the past year and a bit I've done a lot of pruning of the bottom branches on Ponderosa Pines on the east side of the property so at least now the driveway - only exit - should be passable. We're on a bit of a chunk of land here and it's really, really steep so cleaning it all up is something I likely will not complete in this lifetime. It's certainly better than it was before though, so here's hoping.

As my friend from up the valley says, we try to get our ducks in a row before fire season for sure.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"