Originally Posted by JoeBob
Literally this fricking easy, smartass. First page results. This says it was pulled after only 25 deaths.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-apr-27-sci-swine-history27-story.html

Called it the swine flu debacle.

What did materialize were cases of a rare side effect thought to be linked to the shot. The unexpected development cut short the vaccination effort -- an unprecedented national campaign -- after 10 weeks.

They cut the whole thing short, an unprecedented push to get every American vaccinated, short after a mere ten weeks after as few as possibly 25 deaths and 500 cases of Guillan-Bare disease.

Perhaps you need to retake the section on reading comprehension on those SRA reading labs we all did as kids.

(1) "More than 40 million Americans -- almost 25% of the population -- received the swine flu vaccine before the program was halted in December after 10 weeks". So in fact, TRH was completely wrong in his assertion that a vaccine was recalled.

(1) No evidence it was linked to the shot (45 years ago) -

(2) 25 people not 50 but that's just a 100% error.

(3) "No one completely understands the causes of Guillain-Barre, but the condition can develop after a bout with infection or following surgery or vaccination." Yep, one of our own CF members had it and this was several years ago. A viral infection and exhaustion is what his Dr's thought triggered but if a vaccine is convenient then I'm sure that's the cause.

I'll stop peeking at folks on ignore now and remind myself they are there for a reason.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated