Is there any indication that he may be having mini strokes in addition to the Parkinson’s ? They can be almost imperceptible but can lead to frontal lobe dementia. This is what happened with my dad who has similar symptoms. He became very unsafe and could no longer live alone. Then Parkinson’s disease has a component of dementia which worsens over time.

I like the suggestion that someone made regarding your mom. Too often the caregiver/spouse suffers much more than the person who is ill. The stress on them can be as great or much greater than on the one who is ill. Something as simple as giving your mom time away can help a lot.

My mom died in 08 so my sister and I didn’t have that aspect to deal with. Once we had a clear diagnosis we were able to be a bit more objective or at least better balance out emotion with reason. Based on our experience I’d want to see if medication might moderate his behavior which may be anxiety. Placing a parent in twenty four hour care is not easy but is sometimes the only answer when all else has failed.

Edited to add: Since he is fronting for the doctor a few short discrete phone videos of his various behaviors would help his physician grasp the bigger picture.

Last edited by IZH27; 07/23/21.