After the threaded bolt knob loosened and fell off my CZ 550 Kevlar carbine in 9.3x62, I came to admire the one piece bolt of the Ruger even more. It ended up in a beaver pond.

Though a fine trigger on my hand full of 550's the trigger was a complicated cluster fk of unessasary stuff.

The Ruger mk ll and Hawkeye triggers are as simple as they come.

The pistol grip area of all my cz's were rediculously bulky and clubby

The Ruger Hawkeye stocks are sleek perfection, everywhere.

The 550 never came in a short action, which is odd considering they had the nice mini Mauser 527.

When CZ dropped the 550, the Ruger Hawkeyes were looking purdy good.

Under the recoil of my mighty 41 wildcat rifle, it sheared 4 scope base screws. The scope and base came back at my forehead at a high rate of speed. After bouncing off my thick skull, it continue rearward for another 15-20 ft.

Reading Jack O'Connor's book on rifles, I chuckled for five minutes straight at his comment: "dinky little 6-48 screws inherited from receiver sights"

Though 8-40 heated treated Brownells torx screws fixed the issue, I came to admire the intergral square bridge system with a RECOIL LUG, rather than recoil forces directly on the screws.

One overlooked improvement on the Hawkeye, is the reduced metal taken off the magazine followers on the Hawkeyes over the mk ll's. There are a couple other action-specific areas they reduced weight as well, if someone might take the time to notice.

Maybe one of the gun magazine parrots with the same old talking points will take notice, and spread the word:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]