The only tanger I have at the moment is a sporter .22-250 I bought used from a little gun shop in Canton Texas back in the early 90s. It was beat up then. I beat it up worse. I finally had it refinished a few years back after my wife claimed it as her own. Shoots decent but shot "decenter" after a bedding and trigger job. Shoots most anything close to an inch +/- and the loads it likes will easily run sub MOA. Certainly good enough for a sporter weight predator calling rifle. It developed an ejection issue a few years back because the extractor was dropping the case too soon. If you ran it fast it would spit out the cases most of the time but sometimes not. If you ran it slow it would almost always drop them. Took it to a local guy that did a nice job tweaking the extractor and it runs great again.

My Mark IIs have all been very reliable and most have shot somewhere between damn fine and good enough. Kinda matches my experience with MOST other factory rifles with a few notable exceptions.

So far my son and I have both bloodied are stainless Mark IIs this season already. I am kinda slutty though and plan to hunt with Model 70s, 700s and 77s this year.