Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
A new one for me that I fine tuned: Painted the factory stock and installed a red pachmayr, as well as worked the trigger down to a crisp clean safe 2.5 pounds. This rifle was made for one year (2004).

300RSAUM:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shooting some 165 TTSX:
Avg velocity of that load is 3,031 fps. Not too bad for a 22" barreled little short mag. Here's a couple groups I shot at 400 yards, when I was messing around with load development:

I'm really liking this rifle. Its one of my favorite purchases in the last few months. I like it more than a couple Winchester model 70 rifles I recently purchased. Its just a nice light rifle in a very useable package. Really hard not to like something like that. The performance level is also very surprising to me, as it is a puzzy cat to shoot but keeps up with my 300WSM's and other bigger 30 cal magnums. This is the kind of rifle that a guy could hunt the rest of his life with and have no regrets..
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Did Ruger ever make a M77 in a bull barrel? Over 22 inches?

I love this very informative thread.

I could get behind a little 300 like that.

I need to get behind it more and do a little more testing Scotty. That damn lightweight 300wby gives me a headache!!! ha ha.. What I was thinking about the other day is I'm slinging 178's and 175's in the WBY at roughly 3,200 fps and this little cute 300RSAUM is flinging the 165's at 3,030 fps avg.. That's not really a bunch of performance lost, but in a smaller package. I'm not going to say lighter because I think both of my 300wby's weighs about the same with the same/similar scope. But this Ruger doesn't rattle the noggin as much. Great little rifle. Too bad they didn't make more!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA