Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Was at Brownells today. The prices were astonishing, however, they had new 77s, SS compacts in 223, 243, (awesome kid gun, or adult gun) walnut and blue in 7rm, 7-08, 270, Hawkeye Pred in 223 and another. All looked excellently put together.

RARs should be $350 max. Junk that is accurate. Like dating a chunky redhead that's a good lay, hard to love. LOL

And 77's should be $500 max. Made of cheaply cast parts, rough actions, clunky and spotty accuracy IME.

LOL So compact laminates for $999 wouldn't float yours?

My Hawkeye Predator was hella accurate. Absurd how low I got it for, at a gunshow, back in the olden days of 2013 IIRC.

In today, an original 6.5 Creedmoor run, 77 Hawkeye, blue/walnut. I'm comfy having put over $500 towards it. LOL, There's ample boltway clearance that's for sure. 👍 However, I think Bill would still approve.

BTW off topic and all, saw a Howa Hunter finally, for under $600. Gotta think it's a hella bargain this day and age, for those wanting wood, adjustable trigger, threaded. Nothing special on the wood to metal fit, standard CNC hack.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?