If you're going to shoot match loads and start shooting in competitions then I would say yes. I don't know if it would be worth it to load plinking rounds as cheap as some of the stuff out there is. It can be a little expensive to get set up in the beginning but there are ways to help control cost. There is nothing wrong with finding a used press.

RCBS is good stuff. Also, if you're loading match you don't need a progressive because every round is done by hand. In other words, you'll weigh each and every powder charge, hand prime each case, and measure each bullet for correct depth. So, a single stage is the way to go. Find a used RCBS Rockchucker and you'll be all set for a press. You don't need the absolute top of the line stuff. You just need adequate gear to make good consistent loads. Make sure you don't skimp on the scale. Get a good quality RCBS beam scale to weigh powder.

I have an old RCBS 4X4 Auto. It's a four station progressive press. I use it because it was given to me. However, I use it like a single stage. Look around for deals. EE on arfcom will have guys selling good single stage presses and equip.

Let me know if I can help any more. Good luck.