In the last couple months I have loaded 2000 9mm, 600 38 Super, and 500 10mm cartridges. As well as turned 200 lbs of lead alloy into bullets for the above. But casting is out of this purview.

While I also have a Rockchucker, and an RCBS JR 3 bolted to the bench, most of the work mentioned above was done on a classic Lee C-Press.
[Linked Image from leeprecision.com]

For several years, a reloading room would have meant one of the children would have to give up their bedroom. When space was tight, the entire reloading kit was stored in a shoe box under the bed. I was shooting several hundred rounds per month, every month, in 30-06, 25-06, 303, 22-250. And experimenting a bit with an old Mauser in 7x57, and then a 308 barrel, and then rechambered to 30-06AI.

For about five years, every load was built on the coffee table in the living room with a Lee hand press. The Win 670 30-06, the Ruger tang safety 25-06, and the Savage 112 22-250 all shot inside MOA from the bench with loads built with this press.[Linked Image from leeprecision.com]

I have been handloading EVERY round I have shot since 1978, with present count of die sets at 25 . I have no need for a progressive.

But then I would prefer to spend time at the loading bench vs sitting on the couch sucking on a beer.

Whatever you decide in the way of a press, ABSOLUTELY buy a high quality beam scale. The best ever on the market was the RCBS 10-10, but it has been discontinued. I highly recommend one find a 10-10 on the used market. E-bay, online classified, Craig's List, whatever.

A quality powder measure will go a long way toward time conservation at the loading bench. The Redding BR 3 is an excellent choice, as is the RCBS Uniflow.

When using a powder measure, powder choice makes a big difference in accuracy and ease of operation. Ball powders flow through the measure with ease and more accurately than do extruded stick powders.

That is a point to consider whether you are using the powder measure on the bench or on a progressive press.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.