The elephant in the room is the shortage of components to reload. Powder is starting to appear more frequently on the shelves, higher priced than before but at least available. Primers on the other hand are still very hard to come by and are extremely expensive if you do find them. I loaded for years on a single stage press when I was just loading hunting rounds. I got involved in Cowboy Action shooting last year and quickly realized that a single stage was going to be a full time job trying to keep up with the amount of shooting I was doing. I bought a used Dillon 650 because you couldn't find a new 750 available anywhere. After getting it dialed in and using it I really kicked myself for waiting so long to go to a progressive press. I would have done so much more shooting over the years, specifically handgun shooting, if I had been loading on a progressive. My brother in law loads on an RCBS 4x4 progressive and loves it. If you just read a loading manual and understand the processes of loading a cartridge there is no reason not to start with a progressive. There is some new Dillon stuff starting to become available, my go to is the Sheels website.