Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hey Whackem, you go to work so you can pay some fella to service your wench?

That’s cutting to the chase!

Despite reports to the contrary, I’ve always done better with my handloads than factory, though to be fair most, but certainly not all factory I’ve bought has been pretty basic stuff. Even so-called Match ammo has been worse, and I’m not a super-fussy handloader by any means.

I've done way better with handloads tailored to my rifles. No factory ammo can compare. As of right now, I have ammo loaded up for every rifle I own. But if I didn't, I have components to load ammo very easily. All of my brass is prepped/primed/polished and ready to go if need be. I keep them in boxes like this:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Time involved doesn't really bother me because its a hobby and I like to shoot. The guys saying you need to factor in time, are stretching it a bit. But I don't think anyone here is buying it. To say they are totally full of chidt wouldn't be far from the truth. Even in recent times, I've been able to find great deals on components. The cost of those components is far cheaper than loaded ammo. That's always been the case. The reason I started loading was to save myself money. The first cartridge I loaded for was a 300WBY. Components were very cheap at the time and it only made sense to get set up with rolling my own. After loading a couple hundred rounds of that ammo, I figured my loading equipment had paid for itself.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA