Originally Posted by smallfry
I’ll have to disagree with those who say you should start off with a single stage press. Absolutely laughable. If you want to save money buy buying a single stage that’s fine but just about everyone who gets into reloading moves on (albeit those who do move on often use their single stage for second opps).. Hilariously, it’s always cited that somehow a turret press or progressive is going to be like graduating from a tricycle to a space shuttle and unless you are a complete moron, that simply isn’t true. I might be speaking over others, maybe the jump is too much for them. You will learn all the basic principles on any of them.

What an idjit. The op states one cartridge and maybe another later, and that being a 30-06. No one shoots a 30-06 that much to consider a progressive later under the circumstances mentioned in the OP.

Don’t pay any attention to the guy behind the “start with a progressive” post...

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.