Originally Posted by LeakyWaders

In the end I don't really believe that you save any money, but do believe that you get to shoot more. Some people enjoy reloading - I do, it's kind of like fly tying...others think it's a boring chore.

Regardless, if you reload, you'll learn a lot about ballistics and maybe even develop a new hobby.

Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
"And yes, there is a whole hell of a lot of money that is saved. Those who don't think so are full of it.."

I tend to disagree...you're only looking at the cost per shell...look at your time spent reloading, time on presses and components and space consumed for big reloading setups like those pictured above. There isn't a whole lotta money saved. But you get to shoot more and not be dependent on the box store for ammo.

For example...guy #1 buys 5 boxes of pistol ammo for $100. So he is shooting say 40cent per shot.

Jackass number #2 reloads for pretend 10 cents per shot...so he shoots 4 times as much and posts online how much money he's saved...he doesn't add in his time per hour + floor space in house + bitchfactor of wife tripping over his old stuff + the geekness of chasing hulls at the range after every shot...it all adds up some how.

So I enjoy reloading, because I get to shoot more of the calibers I choose. But the same amount of money is spent + time + floor space + etc should be recognized for those starting out in addition to set-up.

So as Paul Harrell would say...GFY...oh he doesn't say that...oh well...

Lol, contradictory statements.
Hobby = relaxation = fun.
Now how many hunters and fisherman sit back and figure out how much it cost them in time for their hobby. Does the fisherman figure he’s spending 20 bucks per hour floating on the water? How much does the space for a bass boat/trailer take up. How much of your old hunting and fishing junk does the wife have to trip over and bitch about. How much did that batch of crappie or Bass really cost? How much did it really cost for you in man hours to scout out that 5x5 booner that you shot?

If you take a hobby and start figuring in your time in dollar amounts, then it’s no longer a hobby, it’s a damn JOB.

Swifty