I’ve never shot an elk but I think we as hunters place to much emphasis on “lights out groups.” I hear people all the time say choose whichever one is most accurate in your gun. Honestly when we’re talking about what probably amounts to .5 MOA or less difference for a FIVE shot group shooting off of a rest. From a practical field shooting standpoint that slight accuracy improvement doesn’t mean a thing other than being fun to have the tiniest bench load possible. With all of the proven terminal performance hunting bullets, Swift A-Frames, Barnes TTSX, and so on to me something along those lines with a rock solid rep for smashing through bone would make more sense than a fraction of an inch tighter five shot group.

I suppose wind drift could be a factor if he’s someone that hunts at well over typical hunting ranges that most people hunt at but assuming he’s shooting at elk within 500 or even 600 yards I don’t see much of an advantage there and can’t see any practical advantage due to to a slight accuracy edge.