Originally Posted by beretzs
Awesome report Bruce.

How do you like the Bergers vs the TTSX and Accubonds yiu used in the past?

I think each of those bullets has a place at the table so to speak. I'm running Berger's right now in my 3 main hunting rifles. I like the accuracy. I always clean/check the tips and run them at speeds that seem to help them shine. I'll tell you the honest truth. I have wanted to extend the range that I'm comfortable shooting at. For the longer ranges the Berger's really shine. Unfortunately I have not tuned my loads and done enough shooting to really make that happen. That means I could just as well use the AB's or TTSX's
For virtually every animal on that hunt report you could of used a AB or TTSX. With the current shortage of reloading components I have excellent supplies of Bergers. They keep on working well for me. Just last week was able to get 3 more boxes of 6.5 mm 156 grainers.
The list above is incomplete. Got a Covid special hunt and went to Tanzania. Never could of afforded it otherwise. Killed 7 animals. 180 gr Berger VLD in my 7 SAUM. 6 were 1 shot kills with none of the animals going more than 50 yds. The one exception was my fault on a Thompson's Gazelle. I made a bad first shot because I rushed it....
Headed back to Africa this May. Found some great day rates at less than $200/day with good trophy fees. I'll either take my 7 SAUM or maybe my 6.5 SS. 180 gr Bergers or 156 gr Bergers. I guess you could say I believe in them as long as I do my part.
Bruce